Find about what we're up to with regular updates
sign up now!
The European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards is Europe’s most prestigious prize in the heritage field. Every year, it honours the most outstanding heritage achievements from all over Europe. It recognises the excellence and dedication by architects, craftsmen, cultural heritage experts, volunteers, schools, local communities, heritage owners and the media. It stimulates creativity and innovation, through the power of example.
In 2015, the Awards will be given to up to 30 remarkable heritage projects and initiatives in four categories. Up to seven will be selected as Grand Prix winners and receive €10,000 each. One will get the Public Choice Award.
Entries may be submitted from countries that take part in the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission.
– Architectural Heritage: single buildings or groups of buildings in rural or urban setting;
– Building additions or alterations, or new building projects within historic areas;
– Industrial and engineering structures and sites;
– Cultural landscapes: historic urban environments or townscapes, city or town squares and streetscapes;
– Historic parks and gardens, larger areas of designed landscape or of cultural, environmental and/or agricultural significance;
– Archaeological sites, including underwater archaeology;
– Works of art and collections: collections of artistic and historic significance or old works of art;
– Intangible cultural heritage as practices, representations, expressions, as well as the knowledge and skills that communities, groups and, in some cases, individuals recognise as part of their cultural heritage.
European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards is NOT an IAF event and is delivered by Europa Nostra for more information please visit this website.