Find about what we're up to with regular updates
sign up now!
Young people (aged 15-18) worldwide are invited participate in a live, online Youth Debate about the climate crisis and sustainable design in architecture, as part of the Open House Worldwide Virtual Festival in November 2020.
This Youth Debate is curated by the Irish Architecture Foundation (IAF), an independent organisation dedicated to the promotion of architecture as culture. We encourage people of all ages to engage with their built environment, to inspire new ways of thinking about architecture.
We’re looking for young people who are:
– Aged between 15 and 18
– Active and engaged in the area of climate change, the environment and sustainability, with an interest in architecture and sustainable design
– Excited about the opportunity to present to an international audience and a strong public speaker or debater, with a good command of the English language
– Available for the 3 preparatory online mentoring workshops (dates and times below) and the live online debate on Sunday 15 November, 6pm (Ireland)
The deadline to apply is this Friday 16 October. The mentoring workshops will take place on the following dates:
– Sunday 18 October, 6 -7.30pm (Ireland) – Mentoring Workshop 1
– Sunday 1 November, 6 -7.30pm (Ireland) – Mentoring Workshop 2
– Sunday 8 November, 6 -7.30pm (Ireland) – Mentoring Workshop 3
– Sunday 15 November, 6-7.30pm (Ireland) – Open House Worldwide Youth Debate (live)
Any questions – please email Blaithin Quinn, Curator of Learning, Irish Architecture Foundation at email@example.com